Advanced Interactive Design - Task 2

24 April 2024 - 29 May 2024 / Week 6 - Week 9
Sim Jia Min 0349784
Advanced Interactive Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media / Taylor's University
Task 2: Website Prototype


INSTRUCTIONS (MIB)

Task 2: Website Prototype

Website concept: The website is based on a conceptual brand "Hawsome", created by myself, it is a website that briefly introduces the brand story, brand mascot and products of the brand, the goal is to showcase the youthful and energetic brand personality of it.

Figure 1.1: Prototype WIP

Figure 1.2: Prototype WIP
The initial design of prototype was a bit lack of colours and looked bland, which didn't suit the direction I was planning in the task 1 proposal.

Figure 1.3: Prototype WIP
I then tried to make some amendments by adding more colours and graphic elements. 

Figure 1.4: Prototype animation sample
As I had never really learned how to use Figma prototype to build animation before, I struggled a bit on this. Plus the concept of my website is horizontal scrolling, so I faced the problem of not understanding how to apply animation on one long horizontal frame, but only able to do the first frame. I have tried to look up online tutorial videos but none of it really cover the issue I was having.


FINAL SUBMISSION

Figure 1.5: Prototype animation sample

Figure 1.6: Prototype horizontal scrolling

REFLECTION

Throughout this project, I faced significant challenges due to my inexperience with Figma's prototype features. My website's horizontal scrolling concept made it even harder. While I managed to animate the first frame, I struggled to apply animation to the entire horizontal layout. I looked up online tutorials but couldn't find any that addressed my specific issue. Despite all the challenges, the process was definitely a learning experience of getting used to the basic feature of Figma.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Typography - Task 2

Advanced Typography - Task 1

Advanced Typography - Task 3